Sasikala Natarajan was unanimously elected as the Legislative Party leader of the AIADMK by the MLAs at the party meeting on Chennai. Sasikala is set to become CM of Tamil Nadu after O Panneerselvam tendered his resignation.
The Party meeting was held at the party headquarters on Sunday, O Panneerselvam is the one who proposed her name to be elected for the post of the legislative party leader after announcing his resignation from CM’s post.
After Sasikala was elected as the leader of AIADMK legislative party, she was seen moving from Poes Garden to the Party headquarters. Before the meeting of MLAs, senior leaders of the AIADMK and O Panneerselvam met Sasikala at her residence.
when asked about the possibility of Sasikala as CM, Jayalalithaa’s niece Deepa Jayakumar said ” Her taking over the party is akin to a military coup since she is not an elected representative.”
DMK’s President M K Stalin has said, “It is a black day. People of Tamil Nadu did not vote for Jayalalithaa’s household.”
AIADMK MLAs have chosen her as the legislative party leader and it is only a mater of time before she take over the throne of CM of TN.
Live update of Chinnamma as CM:
- It was O Panneerselvam who insisted first, that I become the Chief Minister of the State: Sasikala
- Following demise of honourable Amma, it was O Panneerselvam who urged me first to take charge as the General Secretary of AIADMK: Sasikala
- Sasikala Natarajan chairs MLAs meet at AIADMK headquarters in Chennai.
- Chinnamma all set to become the Next Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- Sasikala Natarajan reaches AIADMK HQ in Chennai, she is all set to be Tamil Nadu CM says AIADMK
So without fighting an election, Sasikala becomes TN CM: only in India! #sasikala
— Rajdeep Sardesai (@sardesairajdeep) February 5, 2017