The Selectors of the Indian Cricket team had made quite remarkable changes for both the T20 and ODI squads. One of the changes that surprised everyone is the inclusion of Rishabh Pant over Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane in the T20 Squad.
Rishabh Pant is the first class Delhi Player, who has been slowly rising as the next big thing in the Indian Cricket. He is the wicket-keeper batsman who came into limelight with his brilliant performance at U19 level. During the maiden innings in the Ranji Trophy, he set the records with his ruthless batting. With his batting skills this Young guy from Delhi has made the path for the highest level someday.
Rishabh is too young in his age and he is busy tormenting the best bowlers in the domestic circuit. Indian Team is looking forward for the replacement for MS Dhoni position in the 2019 world cup and Rishabh is having the good case to get served for himself. Rishabh once continues with the performing at the domestic level and he will surely get the call when the day arrives.
Some interesting facts Indian cricket fans must know about Rishabh Pant:
- The Left handed Pant was born on October 4th,1997 and made his first class debut in the year 2015
- Rishabh Rajendra Pant is his full name and he born in Uttarakhand. Tarak Sinha is the first coach of Pant, who has mentored Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan.
- Rishabh is the 4th youngest batsmen to score Triple hundred in first class cricket. He scored 308 runs off 326 balls on Maharashtra in Ranji Trophy.
- Rishabh Pant idolises Adam Gilchrist and may be this is the reason why he became an aggressive wicketkeeper-batsman like him.
- During his fastest first-class century Rishabh has smashed 21 sixes in that match and it is the second most number of sixes in the first class match.
- Rishabh Pant was bought by Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Rs 1.9 Crore and he scored 198 runs for them in 10 matches. He is having the Average of 24.75 and a strike rate of 130.26.
- Rishabh already having 44 unbelievable sixes from five matches in the Ranji Trophy.
- Pant is having the best Ranji season so far and he has scored 799 runs from 7 innings with the average of 133.16 and the strike rate of 113.17. He is having four hundreds of the season.
- He holds the 7th position in the top 10 run scorers list of U-19 WorldCup 2016
- Rishabh is the second wicket-keeper to score a triple hundred in the Ranji Trophy and the seventh in the first class cricket