After the death of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Amma Jayalalithaa, everyone and party officials are talking about who will take charge of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) chief secretary post.Now she’s going to be the new Cheif Minister of Tamilnadu. Today Sasikala Natarajan was elected as the leader of Tamil Nadu legislative Assembly by AIADMK MLA’s at Party’s head office.
This made her a clear way for becoming the New Cheif Minister of Tamilnadu.Finally, Sasikala Natarajan, who is Amma’s close aide unanimously elected as the leader of the house.
However, Sasikala rise to fame in Tamil Nadu politics be indebted less to her leadership qualities and more to the unknowable and yet firm relationship she shared with the late chief minister.
As a friend and closest aide of Jayalalithaa, Sasikala stood beside her when she was hospitalized and spent last hours with her before death. Sasikala managed the party affairs when Amma was in the hospital, and this made clear that she is the right choice to take party power.
AIADMK welcomes Sasikala Natarajan as Chinnamma and here are the unknown facts you would like to Know about the new AIADMK chief Sasikala and Tamil Nadu New Cheif Minister
- Sasikala was born in Mannargudi, a small town in Tamil Nadu. Though her parents not rich, she belonged to the powerful Kallar community. She introduced to Jayalalithaa about twenty years later in 1976 through Cuddalore district collector, VS Chandralekha.
- Earlier Sasikala worked as a video recorder when she first met Jayalalithaa. Her husband had lost his job at that time, and her whole family is facing financial struggles. Following her introduction to Jayalalithaa, Sasikala started recording all her public events, and finally their friendship had grown, and she would be seen alongside with Jayalalithaa in all her rallies and other events.
- After the death of Jayalalithaa’s mentor MGR in 1987, Sasikala is said to have offered emotional support to Jayalalithaa. In 1989, she moved into the late Chief Minister’s residence at Poes Garden and was reported to have got 40 domestic bits of help with her from hometown.
- Sasikala along with her husband taken complete control over AIADMK functioning. A crucial milestone in the relationship between the two was when Jayalalithaa’s short-term son, Sudhakaran who was also the nephew of Sasikala was married off to the granddaughter of actor Sivaji Ganesan.
- In 1996, AIADMK lost the state elections, and Sasikala was arrested on orders of the DMK led government for irreverent the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA). While Jayalalithaa did distance herself from Sasikala following her arrest, things soon smoothed out.
- The tentative block in their relationship came in 2011 when Sasikala was dramatically ousted from the Poes Garden residence. The move was taken by Jayalalithaa itself due to reports she had of Sasikala and her clan plotting to seize power in the event of former’s arrest on the grounds of corruption charges.
- When Jayalalithaa was arrested on account of Tamsi land scam in 2014, Sasikala was arrested along with her for four years.
- It is rumored that She has a main role in Jayalalithaa’s death but as we said they are baseless.
- Once Tehelka news magazine known for its investigative journalism and sting operations had reported that Sasikala Natarajan was giving slow poison to Jayalalithaa.
As per the rules, If she sworn to be the next Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, then sasikala should contest and win in general elections within six months .
Stay Tuned to our website, For more news updates.