Skill-based cards game, Poker is finally going big with India Poker League. Adda52, a gaming portal took the initiation for this gambling game. The gaming portal is focussing on games like poker, rummy, and chess by joining forces with Dabur’s Vice Chairman Amit Burman.
India’s 1st Poker League to bag price money of Rs 3.36 crore for the winners of this unique league. The game mainly involves lots of brain power, calculations and luck. The venture involved three season games enthusiast and named as Poker Sports League (PSL). Adda52’s Anuj Gupta and Pranav Bagai along with Dabur’s Amit Burman founded the India Poker Legend.
12 teams in total would participate in league with 9 players in each team. The price money Rs 3.36 crore will be distributed among the winners of this league. The players of 12 teams will be selected through conducting 70+ rounds. The selection process starts coming February and will take place over a period of 3 months. The league is planning to broadcast the mega final live on Facebook and Youtube.
As of now, 7 teams have been finalized for the league:
- Delhi team will be led by Rishi Kajaria of the Kajaria Ceramics and Ruchiransh Jaipuria of the Jaipuiria Group
- Bengaluru team will be Led by Kunal Shah, founder of the Freecharge
- Goa team will be led by Gaurav Mohan of the Eventwala
- Mumbai team will be led by Mehul Shah of the Anchor Electrical
- Rajasthan team will be led by Purrshottam Bhaggeria of the Filatex Group
- Hyderabad team will be led by Karan Bhagat, Amit Shah, Yatin Shah by IIFL Wealth Management
- Kolkata team will be led by Ankkit Bahadur of Playboy and Taarun V Jain of Legend Group
The ownership of the remaining 5 teams- Gujarat, Pune, Shimla, Chennai, and Punjab would be finalized by January end, next year.