Only few hours left for the forthcoming five-day event Glastonbury Music Festival 2016,we have provided you the complete picture of the mega event which going to live from tomorrow in the Worthy Farm, Pilton. The BBC (British Broadcasting Company) will cover the entire five-day event of Glastonbury Festival.
The tickets have been entirely sold out for the event which will take place from 22 – 26 this month. You can also book tickets for the next five years well in advance from now. The Price of the ticket is £ 228 and £ 5 booking fee
Glastonbury Music Festival will take place in Somerset, England, which inaugurated in the year 1970. The festival would be usually held on the last week of June every year. It’s a five-day event, this year’s event starts on 22 June 2016 and ends on 26 June 2016.
This year tickets that sold are 135,000; each ticket costs to £228. The famous, notable acts are Jeff Lynne’s ELO, Beck Tame Impala, PJ Harvey, New Order, Foals, Ellie Goulding, Madness, Skepta, and the last shadow puppets, Earth, Wind and Fire, Jake Bugg, ZZ Top, LCD Sound-system, Bastille, Wolf Alice, Damon Albarn.
The five-day music festival celebration on a contemporary of performing arts and also comedy, circus, cabaret and the festival hosts dance and also pop and rock artists appearing on small stages and playing areas.
Eavis apportioned profits from his Glastonbury festival to support charitable causes and during an appearance on BBC Radio program, the founder told the festival could never lose its license due to the contribution it makes to the local economy. In 2014, the Glastonbury support Oxfam, Greenpeace, WaterAid, and hundreds of other worthy causes by donating £2 million. The fund collection is to improve the festival infrastructure and environmental impact.
The Glastonbury Music Festival founded by Michael Eavis is an English dairy farmer and founder of the Glastonbury. He also holds Honorary Degrees from University of Bath and University of Bristol.
Glastonbury is the largest Greenfield festival in the world which receives extensive television and newspaper coverage. The festival requires significant infrastructure relating to security, water, transport, and electricity supply and the no of attendees rose to around 175, 000 people.
Main Events one shouldn’t miss :
- Wolfgang Buttress’s Be One project at Glade Area Glastonbury on Thursday at 9.55pm
- On Wednesday 22nd June, at 4 pm, we will be holding a tribute to Jo Cox on The Park Stage on what would have been her 42nd birthday. Stand As One – Live at Glastonbury 2016, a live album for refugees dedicated to the memory of Jo Cox
- Adele to headline Saturday night
- Muse to headline Friday night (the first band to become to all three night at the worthy farm.
- Coldplay to headline the Sunday night, this is the first band to headline Glastonbury for four times.
Glastonbury Music Festival 2016 Line Ups acts announced to perform
- Pyramid Stage: Muse, Foals, ZZ Top, Jess Glynne, Two Door Cinema Club, Skepta, the Orchestra of Syrian Musicians with Damon Albarn and Guests.
- Other Stage: Disclosure, Bastille, Bring me the Horizon, Editors, The Lumineers, Frightened Rabbit, Christine and the Queens, Blossoms, James
- West Holts Stage: Underworld, Roisin Murphy, White Denim, Protoje, Vince Staples, DakhaBrakha,
- The Park Stage: Richard Hawley, Savages, Ronnie Spector, Daughter, Ezra Gurman, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, NAO
- John Peel Stage: SigurRos, Aluna George, Explosions in the Sky, Jack Garratt, Half Moon Run, Aurora, Rat Boy, Elle King.
- Acoustic Stage
- Silver Hayes
- Williams Green
- Avalon Stage
- Theatre and Circus
- The Glade
- Left Field
- Kidz Field
- The Common
- Unfair Ground
- Glasto Latino