The whole world which can be seen in a small box which lets you know the things that are happening around the world, i.e., nothing but Television. Even the internet usage has increased globally nowadays; the usage of Television has not decreased. Before television era starts, people know the news or what’s happening in the world through radio.
Television, which is named after a Latin and Greek words meaning ‘far sight’ which has been arguably referred as one of the most influential technological marvels ever devised.
At first, the 35min show was broadcasted on the television which is considered as the first TV adoption of television science fiction that is telecasted. In the year 1996, the United Nations General Assembly has passed the forum and hence declared the World Television Day and organised efficiently. The day recognises that television plays a significant role in presenting different issues of the people across the globe.
Every year on 21st November, so many organisations celebrate this day by organising philosophy events.The Braid show which is considered as the first Television colour broadcast in London.
The most obvious day to celebrate World Television Day is to watch television. Surely not vulgar reality shows which offer to value to the audience. World TV Day is time to re-watch and relive some of the greatest moments of television. We have shared World Television Day quotes on this page
In the year 1954, the Disney has launched the ‘Wonderful World of Color’ a family-friendly show that contains mixed iconic cartoons, documentary programming and drama. The World Television Day was established in a way to bring these issues on an annual basis.
As the years are passing on, the major TV stations have come together on this day to broadcast the tributes and importance of television in people’s life. The obvious way to celebrate World TV Day is to turn on TV and watch.
World Television Day Quotes
- “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon, English Singer
- “Television is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome.” – T.S. Eliot, Poet
- “Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.” – Radiohead, English Rock Band.
- “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into another room and read a book.” – Groucho Marx, American comedian
- “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” ― Groucho Marx
- “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” ― John Lennon
- “Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye.” ― Bill Hicks