Samsung’s recall of nearly one million Note 7 Smartphones sold in the US burning up due to battery cell issue. A Florida man who got a burn after the device allegedly exploded in his right pocket.
Jonathan Strobel has sued the Samsung electronics for the incident in the latest case of overheating of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones. It was filed one day after the Samsung recalls the one million Note 7 devices sold in the United States.
On Thursday, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced that the government had sanctioned a recall on the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices due to a battery defect, cause several mobiles to explode and in some cases spark fires.
The recall applies only to those who purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices before 15th September 2016. According to the reports, Consumers are being told not to use the devices and return them to the stores they purchased.
For their choice of the refund, they can get a new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone with a different battery or another replacement device of a different model. The company said that the Note 7 devices with no defect in the batteries would be made available no later than Wednesday.
“With battery cell defects in some of our Note7 phones, we did not meet the standard of excellence that you expect and deserve,” Samsung Electronics America President and COO Tim Baxter said in a video statement after the government-sanctioned recall was announced. “We apologize, especially to those of you who were personally affected by this.”
He also added that “Consumer safety is always our highest priority. Our collaboration with the CPSC to fast-track a voluntary recall in the U.S. addresses safety concerns by ensuring we reach Note7 owners quickly to exchange their devices.” The explosion of Galaxy Note 7 prompts new lawsuit to the Samsung Company.