Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended to the book release function in the Parliament House on the occasion of Constitution of India. The Indian Constitution was adopted in the year 1949 and the day celebrated as Constitution Day of India.
Speaking on occasion, the Prime Minister said, “November 26 was decided to observe as Constitution Day to commemorate the Constitution and have greater awareness among the youth.
” Thanking the man behind the Indian Constitution.”
Modi said, “Whenever we talk about Constitution, we remember Babasaheb Ambedkar, both are inseparable. Our Constitution has very special place in our lives; we remember Dr. Ambedkar whenever we remember the Constitution.”
Constitution Day of India is celebrated on 26th November every year. This is the day the Indian constitution was adopted Constitution Day India by the Constituent Assembly in the year 1949 and came into force on 26th January 1950.
This day is also known as Samvidhan Divas and is celebrated in India in the honour of Dr. B.R Ambedkar, who is the Father of Constitution of India. After India had got Independence, Ambedkar was invited by the Congress government to serve as a first law minister in India.
He was the Chief Creator of the Indian Constitution and well known for the vigorous and united India. In the year 2015, the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has declared 26th November as the Constitution Day of India on 11th October on the occasion of laying the foundation stone of Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai.
The celebrations of this day will follow by several Constitution Day activities. So many schools and organizations will conduct competitions of Constitution Day for kids and students. On this Samvidhan
Rarely unknown facts about Constitution Day India:
- Constitution of India was neither typed nor printed. It was handwritten and calligraphed in both English and Hindi.
- It consists of 90,000 words and is illustrated with events from Indian history.
- Currently, the original copies of Constitution were kept in special helium-filled cases in the Library of Parliament.
- The Indian Constitution is the largest written constitution that was ever filled by any other countries.
- The concept of 5-year plans was taken from the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR).
- Concepts that lists in the Constitution such as Equality, Liberty, and Fraternity were taken from the French constitution.
- Constitution of India is known as best constitution in the world, but it has only 94 amendments.
- Various countries all over the world have followed by the Indian Constitution.
On the commemoration of Constitution Day India, Narendra Modi addressed the issue of demonetisation,” Problem is not that the government did not prepare, and instead, hoarders did not get sufficient time to hide their black money before demonetisation.”