A new characteristic introduced by Airtel, i.e., MyAirtel app. By using this app, the consumer can get cloud backup of 2GB. Airtel Backup, the company, is now offering a 2GB of free cloud storage where users can backup their photos, messages, call history, videos, and documents and much more at no cost.
The feature was implemented as a part of MyAirtel update which is currently rolling in India for Android devices. The company didn’t make any announcement whether iOS users will receive this same feature.
As per the news, some of the customers with the latest update of MyAirtel app (v4.1.3) are reporting that it shows a pop-up notification that leads to Airtel Backup option within the application. This popup leads them to Airtel Backup section inside MyAirtel app.
The world of technology is an unlimited ever-changing one. Now most of the companies are implementing cloud storage technology. There have been some leading companies in the markets which have already implemented this technology.
The Google Drive of search engine giant Google and Microsoft’s One Drive are two of the biggest examples of the same. Indian telecom operator, Airtel aims at entering into the markets of the cloud with Airtel Backup.
MyAirtel App: Cloud Backup Process
- Firstly users have to update the MyAirtel app to v4.1.3 version.
- Now you will see the new Backup option with a cloud icon on the main page below the Manage Account section.
- Tap on the backup option then opens the files section with folders of each category like audio, photos, contacts, etc.
- Now users can choose the categories that they want to backup.
- Once you have selected the categories to backup, the app will backup the data at scheduled time of 1 PM to 5 AM.
As of now, there is a limit of 2GB on backups, which is quite less as per the modern standards. A 2GB cloud storage limit means users will not able a backup lot of memory. This is indeed an exciting development from the Indian Telecom giant.