Team India Test Captain Virat Kohli is continuing his dominance with the Bat in the 1st Test against the Caribbean country.
He scored his debut double century off just 281 balls. He passed his previous highest first-class score of 197 against Pak-based Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited SNGPL.
After passing the 150 run barrier with a four, he broke the record of Rahul Dravid becoming the highest scoring Indian Captain in WI.
Scoring centuries irrespective of the format he is playing and shattering the records became a habit for the Aggressive young man Kohli.2016 can be said as Virat year since he’s at the peak of his batting performance in all forms of cricket.
He was the player of the series in the World T20 by scoring 273 which followed up with 973 runs in the IPL 2016.Since 1932 it means for 84 years, spanning 247 Test No Indian captain has managed to make 200+ in an away Test match.
Records were broken by Virat:
- This is the Maiden double century for Virat Kohli in Tests passing his highest Score 169 against Australia in Melbourne 2014.
- Scoring five overseas centuries by an Indian captain, that equals record on Azharuddin’s name. Azhar achieved the mark playing 27 Tests in nine years while Kohli has made it only seven Tests.
- This is the highest score by an Indian captain in the West Indies. A previous highest score of 146 was by Rahul Dravid in 2006 at St.Lucia.
- This is the Fifth time a batsman scoring a double hundred in the West Indies. The list contains famous cricketers that include Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Jaffer, Dilip Sardesai and
- Navjot Singh Sidhu who have scored a double ton in the Caribbean
Thanks to Kohli for breaking this record, a proud moment for all Indian cricket fans.