A 30 year Oakland resident was arrested on Thursday on the charge of multiple attacks at Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, California. The same person was taken into custody when he was caught with a potentially explosive device to the Google’s office in his SUV.

According to the affidavit, Raul Murillo Diaz of Oakland was allegedly charged with throwing flaming Blue Moon beer bottles on May 19th. It exploded behind the car causing no damage to the Google Street View car.

The company’s staff had reported to Police about the glasses broken and holes in the windows due to shooting at the Google building on 4th of June. The CCTV footage showed the same car namely grey 2004 Volkswagen Touareg in both the incidents.

Tragic Loss: Man Killed in Tesla Self Driving mode, Elon Musk Condolences

The tech company’s security officials saw a car wandering near the office and the driver slamming the brakes for no reason. They followed the vehicle until it was caught by the police. They found a suspicious object inside the car after conducting the traffic stop.

Immediately the bomb squad had appeared at the spot and confirmed the item was not severely dangerous. The police had seized the car along with a 22-caliber handgun in the vehicle.

After the interrogation by the police officials, Diaz admitted that he planned a shooting at a building on the Google campus where his plan was demolished by the officers by arresting him on Thursday.

He confessed that he wanted to attack Google because he felt that “Google was watching him, and that made him upset.” He also kept journals of all the times he suspected the company was looking at him.

Google is working on a VR-friendly version of Chrome for Android

He claimed that the object inside the car was a tube with cotton and bullets, and he used them for target practice where as the bomb squad said that it could be explosive if it is mixed up with explosive powder.

The San Francisco Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which was helping with the investigation. Currently, Diaz is under the custody of police department and held without bail. If allegations were proved, he would face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here