The Indian payment Gateway Paytm has introduced new wallet insurance for their users to safeguard the money. The new Paytm Wallet Insurance secures in the case of theft, loss of device and unauthorised access to your Wallet.
All the Paytm users having balance in their wallets would be automatically upgraded to Paytm Wallet Insurance scheme without cutting any additional money. The lost money would also be refunded to the respective wallets.
For this users have to report the loss immediately to the paytm.com/care or can call to toll-free number +91 9643979797. And then file the FIR about the loss of device and you to share the details with the Paytm. The officials will recover
- Loss of Paytm Wallet Balance up to Rs. 20,000 in a case of fraud transactions and loss of device or mobile.
- The Paytm Wallet Balance has been paid to unauthorised fraud transactions if the user login details have not shared.
The process to claim the loss of Paytm Wallet Balance in the case of loss of the wallet balance due to loss of theft of device and fraudulent transactions is as follows:
- First, you have to report the loss or theft of mobile or device by calling to a toll-free number or at paytm.com/care.
- Then lodge the FIR against the loss of mobile to the police and share the details to the Paytm.
- In a case of fraudulent transactions, users have to submit the details of reporting.
- Paytm officials will block your account post the incident.
- The claim will be assessed if it found genuine. If the claim is genuine, the user will get the lost wallet balance within five working days.
- The wallet balance will be refunded only when the after the user confirms that they got access to the account.