Looking to learn affiliate marketing: India is also a land of opportunities in digital sector, as digital marketing is still growing as an industry vertical, and there are plenty of opportunities.
The affiliate marketing industry has been booming for the past few years, but it’s still not as popular as a mainstream career choice or business in developing countries like India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh. However, millions of aspiring bloggers, entrepreneurs, and digital marketers constantly look for ways to learn affiliate marketing; India’s got talent in this arena too.
How to Learn Affiliate Marketing in India in 2021?
Sure thing, you may start learning affiliate marketing from free YouTube tutorials and guides, but there are plenty of misleading/confusing videos/articles out there that you may start feeling overwhelmed. And, after 3-6 months, you might feel demotivated, because it’s not easy to get results during the first few months. And, when you don’t know, whether or not, you’re moving in the right direction, it becomes quite difficult to continue blindly.
For this very reason, World’s Largest Affiliate Marketing Forum, STMForum, decided to enter Indian markets dubbed as the “STM Doosra” (which means, STM 2.0), and they’ve started World’s largest advertising meetup of the year, Adworld too.
Adworld 2020 was host to 19,000+ affiliates, 100+ speakers, and now Adworld 2021 will be seeing over 50,000+ people under one roof, with tons of informative sessions, fun networking and a whole lot of valuable stuff.
3 Things You Need to Get Started as Affiliate Marketer in India
To get started as an affiliate marketer, you need 3 important things –
- Choosing the Right Offer/Product to Promote – First thing that you need is the right product to promote. And, you also need an affiliate network or a direct advertiser to pick up the product. A good example would be Amazon, Flipkart, Booking.com, Myntra etc for an affiliate program, and the top affiliate networks in India are –
You may also start working with global networks like Adcombo, ClickDealer etc, but it’s relatively harder to get approved by these networks. To take a look at all global affiliate offers, head to www.offervault.com
Tip: To get approved by vCommission, simply mention “referred by Om Thoke / STM Doosra” to get in INSTANTLY!
- Traffic Source: Once you’ve picked up the product, you need to decide, how you’d be driving traffic to the affiliate offer. Various traffic sources include –
- Facebook/Instagram ads
- Google Adwords
- WhatsApp/Telegram/Social Media
- SEO or Organic Traffic through blogging
- Cashback/coupon portals
- Native traffic sources like MGID, RevContent, Taboola, Outbrain
- Push traffic like Propeller Ads or Zero Park
- Pop Traffic
- Google News / Yahoo News / Quora and other sources
If you start running ads, you’d need bigger budgets, which is why most Indian affiliate marketers tend to start with blogging and choose SEO as their primary traffic source. It hardly takes Rs 3000 to get your domain, hosting, and start a blog in 2021.
- Using the Right Tools – If you’re running paid traffic, you’d need tracking/spying tools like FunnelFlux, Adplexity, Adspy etc, and if you’re running organic traffic, you’d need tools like Moz, Keywords Everywhere, Ahrefs/SEMRush etc.
Once you’ve everything in place, it’s a matter of trial and error, and not giving up, until you get your first sale, and then rinse and repeat until you become profitable. And, once you turn profitable, there’s no looking back – you just need to start scaling and making money.
How Much Money Can You Make with Affiliate Marketing in India?
Well, sky’s the limit, because the top affiliates even do upwards of Rs 1 crore/month, while there are also people who struggle to make $100/month.
The first $100 is always the toughest to make, and then jumping from $100 to $1000 becomes easier, and then scaling to $10k becomes even easier, but at every stage, you also have to deal with newer challenges too.
If you’re fascinated by this world of affiliate marketing, then the best thing to do, would be to start learning LIVE from experts, and join a community like STM Doosra, where you get everything under one roof, and you can also ask your questions everyday and get answers.
We hope that this article would have motivated you to learn affiliate marketing in India, and make a career out of it in 2021. Feel free to drop your comments below, and don’t forget that you can grab your STM Doosra membership at Rs 999/month only this month, before their official launch, when the full door access price would be Rs 1999/month.