The deadline for Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes have finally come to an end. Today is the last day for 500 and 1000 rupees notes and also last day to spend with them. People have just one day left to spend their old currency notes at public utilities, i.e., up to today midnight. The last date was extended twice, and finally, the government has announced the 24th November will be the deadline to exchange.
According to the reports, after Thursday midnight it will not be possible to spend 500 and 1000 rupee notes. People can only exchange in banks and post offices or deposit the amount into their accounts. From railway reservations to pharmacies, petrol bank-milk booths at all the places the facility will be discontinued from today midnight.
As the deadline of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes come to an end and it will be last chance to getting those notes to be spent. So as today is the last day, there will be a rush at various public outlets due to the demonetization. Lastly, people can spend their 500 and 1000 rupee notes at places like:
- Railway ticket booking counters, metro rail tickets, government run bus counters and airline ticket counters at airports.
- Government hospitals and all the pharmacies at public hospitals for buying tickets under doctor prescription.
- Consumer authorized cooperative stores run by the Central or State Government.
- Petrol, Diesel and CNG gas stations which are approved by public sector oil companies.
- The government permitted milk booths.
- Crematoria and at burial grounds.
“A maximum of Rs 2,50,000 is allowed to be withdrawn from bank deposit accounts till December 30, 2016, out of the balances at credit in the account as of the close of business on November 8, 2016,” the Reserve Bank of India notification said.
The officials also added that “Withdrawals can be made by either of the parents or the person getting married (Only one of them will be permitted to withdrawal).