On Sunday, wrongdoers in Banaswadi targeted a vehicle, which was parked on the roadside in commercial area where a laptop, iPhone, credit and debit card was stolen after 9 pm. This incident took place at HRDR layout, 3rd cross while the owner of the vehicle was away. Police suspect local gangs operating in the area to be the culprit.
“The Culprits broke the glass and stole the items. Hoysala reached the spot immediately after the complaint was received,” told Ajay Kumar, deputy commissioner of police to the media. Police say local gangs are being arrested, for which the number of vehicle break-ins have reduced. In the last seven months, 101 bikes- most of which are Royal Enfield Bullets- have been stolen from KR puram. If that does not make you slam your brakes, get this: Police in KR puram are knocking on doors of Royal Enfield owners to collect their details and advise them on how to secure their bikes from an interstate gang, which has a penchant for Bullets.
Now you can install RFID tags and Bluetooth devices to your vehicle to avoid theft. Here are those technologies which blows your mind.
- The Bluetooth low energy 4.0 has been introduced by the Special Interest Group (SIG) in 2010.
- Bluetooth low energy consumes less energy and has an effective range of 50 meters.
- It provides flexible communication and costs less when compared to other wireless technologies.
- It has been used to develop wearable sensor-based healthcare system, heart rate monitor system and other indoor localisation systems.
- The Bluetooth low energy 4.0 has to concurrently transmit and receive data. It is not convenient for a real-time processing. Hence, only utilizing Bluetooth Low energy 4.0’s ID address for the MATs is demonstrated in this paper with improving the accuracy of key-tag detection when the Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 instead of the RFID-tag card is made attachable for the ignition key.
What to do?
- Avoid keeping valuables inside your vehicle.
- Park the Vehicle on the same side of the road.
- Ensure valet parking in-charge is given the vehicle.
Stay connected to us for more updates. Thanks!