World Ozone Day 2017: International Day for the Preservation of Ozone layer was designated by United Nations UN General Assembly on September 16. The world ozone layer day commemorates the date of the signing of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer in 1987. The world Ozone day was being observed from 1995 every year on September 16.
What is Ozone Layer ?
The ozone layer is a fragile shield of gas protects earth from harmful rays of the sun. To say it is helping preserve life on the planet. Control use of ozone depleting substances will not only help ozone layer but also helps our future generation. Furthermore, it will improve human health protection and ecosystem by limiting harmful UV rays from reaching the earth.
This year 2017 is marked as the 30th anniversary of Montreal Protocol. As part of anniversary celebration on 16 September 2017, the Ozone Secretariat will launch a communication campaign of World Ozone Day.
This campaign is launched earlier on September 14, 2017, which will be helpful to celebrate accomplishments of Montreal Protocol in protecting climate and Ozone layer, to increase public recognition of success and impact protocol and to generate more support for protocol and it’s news phases which were adopted in 2016.
On International Day for the Preservation of Ozone layer, many do activities. So to encourage public you can start by sending wishes and quotes which were given below on our site. people share International Ozone Day slogans to make people aware of the damage done to the environment. As you start wishing everyone, interested people will surely take some measures to reduce using harmful substances that cause harm to the ozone layer.
World Ozone Day 2017 Slogans
- Keep the Ozone from becoming the NO zone. Happy World Ozone Day
- If Earth is our Mother, then Ozone is our Father. Happy World Ozone Day
- As umbrella protects us from rain, Ozone protects the earth from the sun. Happy World Ozone Day
- Save the Ozone Layer or Give Heat to your next generation. Happy World Ozone Day
The only thing that stops the earth from getting fried is the ozone layer. Protect it and protect yourself. Happy World Ozone Day
- Ozone is like a “MOTHER” of EARTH….who protect her child from harmful radiations. Obviously Our Mother. Happy World Ozone Day
- Don’t make the Ozone layer disappear or Life will be impaled by a UV spear. Happy World Ozone Day
- The only thing that stops the earth from getting fried is the ozone layer. Protect it and protect yourself. Happy World Ozone Day
- You don’t have to be a mayor to help protect the ozone layer. Protect the ozone layer for it protects us. Happy World Ozone Day
- Don’t let the future go up in smoke. SAVE THE OZONE. Save ozone save a life (God Bless you). Happy World Ozone Day.
International Ozone day 2017 Quotes
When I was a kid, we never heard of smog, ozone depletion, acid rain, green house gasses. Dennis Weaver
So I’m going to go on and work on preserving the ozone layer, encouraging everyone to recycle. Dean Stockwell
What’s happening to our world? Imagine the year 2000 and our ozone layer has vanished… Our planet has a fever, and she is burning up – what will you do?- Charlene,Princess of Monaco
Climate change and ozone depletion are two global issues that are different but have many connections. In the ozone depletion case, we managed to work with decision makers actually so that an international agreement called the Montreal Protocol was achieved that essentially solved the ozone depletion problem. Mario J. Molina
It’s absolutely stupid that we live without an ozone layer. We have men, and we’ve got rockets, we’ve got saran wrap – fix it! Lewis Black
In that prehistoric time, before the Internet, before information floated in the ozone, I was a soccer novice who had never heard of Socrates until somebody pointed him out – swarthy, shaggy, tall, slender, and mysterious- George Vecsey
The way I see it is that love can put an end to this bureaucracy people go through in their relationships. But it can’t blind you to the fact that maybe there are bombs, there are problems, and the ozone layer is depleting. Adrienne Shelly
From a scientific perspective there is some indication that a nuclear war could deplete the earth’s ozone layer or, less likely, could bring on a new Ice Age – but there is no suggestion that either the created order or humankind would be destroyed in the process. Herman Kahn