Every human being living on the Earth has the responsibility to protect the “Environment.” Our earth is the place of jewels and minerals, and we can’t describe the beauty of our nature. But due to increase in pollution in the environment leads to destroying the mother earth’s beauty. Don’t take it as a responsibility to clean the nature; it’s our right to see the earth pure and pollution free.
World Environment Day observes on June 5th Every year. And each year it follows one theme. World Environment Day 2017 Theme is “Connecting People to Nature– in the city and on the land, from the poles to the equator”. The host nation is Canada. The main aim of World Environment Day is for encouraging worldwide awareness for the protection of our environment. WED (#WorldEnvironmentDay) was first held in 1974 with the flagship of raising awareness on currently emerging environmental issues from global warming and marine pollution. Ever year 143 countries hands on with WED.
World Environment day Slogan 2017 is “Go Wild for life.” It’s time to raise voice against the wild crimes and prevent the damages caused by it. Slap those actions which lead to damaging the environment. Many factories release their waste in the rivers and lakes intentionally or unintentionally which cause water pollution. People near factories consume that polluted water and fall prey to many diseases. Even government is giving license to those companies illegally. We have to eradicate these actions brutally for our future generation. Water scarcity is already in some cities and countryside if these actions continue everyone will die with water scarcity.
Some vehicles release air pollution in an environment which leads to global warming. This global warming affects the ozone layer, which causes heavy damage to mankind. The purpose of celebrating World Environment Day 2017 is, focusing on forest management, use of hydro-power to enhance electricity production, reducing greenhouse effects, developing new drainage systems, etc.
World Environment Slogans:
- Water: Vital Resource for Life -1976
- A New Challenge for the New Decade: Development Without Destruction -1980
- Ten Years After Stockholm (Renewal of Environmental Concerns) -1982
- Youth: Population and the Environment -1985
- Environment and Shelter: More Than A Roof -1987
- Climate Change. Need for Global Partnership -1991
- Only One Earth, Care and Share -1992
- Connect with the World Wide Web of Life -2001
- Water – Two Billion People are Dying for It! -2003
- Wanted! Seas and Oceans – Dead or Alive? -2004
- Plan for the Planet! -2005
- Melting Ice – a Hot Topic? -2007
- CO2, Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy. -2008
- Your Planet Needs You – Unite to Combat Climate Change -2009
- Many Species. One Planet. One Future -2010