Facebook Messenger goes live with “Self Destruct” feature in India. The latest feature will enable to auto-destruct your secret messages by setting a specific time for destruction. This feature is not available for Desktop and Facebook. This feature is live on Facebook Messenger.
Earlier Facebook has developed end-to-end encryption for the chats for the security and also launched’ Google Allo’ with ‘Incognito’ to the user’s security with many more advanced surprising features. With an upgrade to the security level had gone deep more with “Self Destruct.”
This social giant now came with a more secure feature for 1 billion users named ‘Self-destruct’ which, will allow auto-destruct secret messages after setting particular time for a specific recipient.
This service works on the Signal Protocol which developed by Open Whisper Systems.
Facebook in its blog posts “Your messages and calls on Messenger already benefit from high-security systems—as Messenger uses secure communications channels.”
Self Destruct feature on Messenger
How to Use Secret Conversation on Messenger
- Head over and Open Messenger App.
- Tap on the Account Setting where you find ‘Secret Conversations.’
- Tap on the ‘Turn On’ to enable.
- Start a conversation to a self-destruct chat, using a tap ‘new chat’ to the right bottom of your screen.
- A pop-up over there will appear with ‘Write message’ and ‘Make Call.’
- Tap on ‘write a message,’ then a window opens.
- You can find a Turn on and off option which is to your top right corner of your screen.
- By ‘turning on’ that you can find your screen tab turns black to color.
- You can select your recipient, by typing his/her name in the search bar.
- Then you can find ‘secret conversation’ tab opens with the recipient, you can find the ‘timer’ symbol in red color, side to the ‘location’ icon.
- By a tap on the Timer, you can select the ‘self-destruct’ time for the message which you send.
- After the message is typed and sent, you can view the Time running out, which is set by you.
- When the timer time is up, the message sent will automatically destruct and make that particular message blur.
When and only if the recipient views your message then, the timer starts to him for message destruction on his device with respect to the time you set to your message. Later, if the time-up the message destructs by itself in the recipient’s Messenger.
This feature works if and only the other recipient enables this feature.