Now there is no need to download and make payments through various digital apps. The Aadhaar Payment app is the initiative by the government for making cashless transactions. The universal app offers you ease out the payments through any bank without using the internet.
This new Aadhaar Payment merchant app would take away the plastic cards and the Point of Sale (PoS) machines. The app launched on 25th December 2016 would also eliminate the fee payments for service providers like MasterCard and Visa.
The government recently launched the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), which allows the user to send and receive money by using Virtual Payment Address (VPA). Now the Government of India launched the Aadhaar Payment app to ease the payment process further.
As per the reports released by the government, nearly 40 crore Aadhaar card numbers already linked to the bank accounts. By the end of the March 2017, the government aimed to link all the Aadhar numbers with bank accounts.
It has been over a decade since card payment system introduced in the country. Connectivity is another problem that has kept merchants away from installing the machines. Through this Aadhaar Payment app, merchants can feel ease to make transactions.
What is Aadhaar Payment app?
This app uses Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (APES) to make payments. This system helps to do away with the Point of Sales (PoS) machines and plastic money, i.e., credit or debit cards. The Aadhaar Payment app developed by the IDFC bank along with UIDAI and National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI).
How to use Aadhar Payment App :
- To make payments via APES, customers and merchants need to link their Aadhaar card with their respective bank accounts.
- For private banks like HDFC and ICICI among others, you can call up for the customer care number and enroll your Aadhaar number.
- For this merchants need Android smartphone, download Aadhaar Policy app and a biometric reader.
- After downloading the Aadhaar Payment app, merchants need to enter their Aadhaar card number.
- select the bank and validate their fingerprint.
- When accepting the payment from consumers, merchants need to enter customer card number, bank name followed by amount.
- The payment made after taking bio-metric scan which works as a password.
- Once the process is completed, payment will transfer from consumer’s bank account to merchant’s bank account.
“It will enable citizens in the deepest corners of the country to participate in the digital movement, even those who do not own a phone but want to pay digitally,” said Rajiv Call, founder, MD, and CEO of IDFC Bank. “People only need to have a bank account and their Aadhaar linked to it.
How to use Aadhar Pay App video
डिजिटल व्यापारी बनने के लिए एक और आसान तरीका| #DigitalIndia #MeraDigitalIndia #GoDigitalGo
Posted by Digital India on Saturday, December 24, 2016
Video Source: Digital India Official FB page