Across the country, the day of Sree Rama Navami is celebrated with great enthusiasm and respect. Lord Ram is known as the seventh incarnation of Dashavatara of Vishnu and was born to the king of Ayodhya, Dasharatha and Queen Kaushlaya. On this day people follow the Sri Rama Navami Pooja Vidhanam and offer prayer to Lord Rama. People from all over the country celebrate the festival, and each state has their own tradition of Ram Navami Puja Vidhi.
Sri Rama Navami falls on Shukla Paksha on the Navami, and it is the ninth day of Chaitra month according to the Hindu calendar. The nine days leading to Rama Navami are the days of fasting, offering prayers and public gathering at one place and chants Ram mantras. If you are in search of Sree Rama Navami Puja Procedure, then check it out from this page. It is the major festival for Lord Ram’s worshippers. This year the Sir Rama Navami date falls on 5th April 2017.
The celebrations were held early in the morning having ritual bath followed by praying to the Sun. In the afternoon, at the birth time of Lord Rama, a special prayer and Rama Navami Puja Vidhanam were held. Many people throughout the country observe fast on this day and by performing fast people believe they get happiness and prosperity in their lives.
Ram Navami Puja Vidhanam starts with placing idols of Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshama and Hanuman in the house and performs dhyana. While performing the dhyanam, people recite the mantra
- Komalaksham Vishalakshamindranila Samaprabham।Dakshinange Dasharatham Putravekshanatatparam॥Prishthato Lakshamanam Devam Sachchhatram Kanakaprabham।Parshve Bharata Shatrughnau Talavrintakaravubhau।Agrevyagram Hanumantam Ramanugraha Kankshinam॥Om Shri Ramachandraya Namah। Dhyanat Dhyanam Samarpayami॥
After dhyanam people chant the mantras in front of murti by showing the avahan mudra and offer flowers. Wash the feet of Lord Rama with water by chanting the mantra
- Etavanasya Mahima Ato Jyayagamshcha Purushah।Padoasya Vishva Bhutani Tripadasyamritam Divi॥Trailokyapavanananta Namaste Raghunayaka।Padyam Grihana Rajarshe Namo Rajivalochana॥Om Shri Ramachandraya Namah। Padayoh Padyam Samarpayami॥
In Sri Rama Navami Pooja Vidhanam, next offer honey and milk which is known as Madhuparka by chanting
- Om Shri Ramachandraya Namah। Madhuparkam Samarpayami
Now offer new clothes, flowers, dhupa and deepam to Lord Sri Rama by chanting the mantra of
- Sajyam Trivarti Samyuktam Vahnina Yojitam Maya।Grihana Mangalam Deepam Trailokya Timirapaham॥Jyotisham Pataye Tubhyam Namo Ramayaavedhase।Grihana Deepakam Chaiva Trailokya Timirapaham॥Brahmanosya Mukhamasit Bahu Rajanyah Kritah।Uru Tadasya Yadvaishyah Padbhyam Shudro Ajayata॥Om Shri Ramachandraya Namah। Deepam Darshayami॥
After offering deep in the Sri Rama Navami Pooja Vidhanam, offer the Lord Sri Rama with Naivedyam and chant
- Om Namo Ramachandraya।Shri Janaki Sahita Ramachandraya Namah। Naivedyam Samarpayami॥Naivedyante Achamaniyam Jalam Samarpayami॥
The final step in Rama Navami Puja Vidhanam is to offer the Lord with fruits, tambula, Dakshina seek pardon which is known as Pradakshina by chanting
- Iti Rama Navami Puja Vidhih Sampurnah॥