Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the “ Smart India Hackathon ” on Saturday. This world’s largest hackathon conducted by Ministry of Electronics and IT aims to promote innovation. The event witnesses 10,000 students providing digital solutions to 598 problems.
The problems provided in the hackathon were identified and posted from 29 departments of Central Government. The issues include online toll collection, smart traffic management, geo-fencing of airports and cyber attacks and smart drones to make the airspace safer.
The digital programming competition started at 8 a.m. on Saturday in 26 different locations in the country. This 36-hour non-stop programme handled by one central department or ministry at each location. Top Three teams in the Smart India Hackathon would be awarded Rs 1 lakh, Rs 75,000 and Rs 50,000 respectively.
Topics to be discussed in Hackathon 2017
- Ambulance service on national highways
- Identification of fake universities
- Detecting condition of railway tracks
- An online submission and processing of telephone and newspaper bills in government offices
- An electronic personal safety system
- An accurate detection of impersonation in online examination
- Develop a solution for protecting photocopy of highly confidential documents
- Nutritional value of midday meal served in government-schools
The digital solutions provided by the teams will be used in the ministry departments for a better governance system. All the price winning teams in the hackathon will get connected with the Community of Innovative Minds. The event also aims improving awareness about patents in India. India registers 40 patents per million population as per World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
Follow our website Techfactslive.com for more News and Updates. If any problem contact us at [email protected]