The Mukesh-Ambani led Reliance Jio Infocomm doesn’t need any special introduction. Everyone across the country knew it, and many people have already changed to Jio network. In the Reliance Jio Welcome offer the company has given unlimited free voice calling, SMS, and free 4G data.
To overcome the challenge, its rivals Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular and Vodafone India have introduced the new voice and data offers to attract their customers. But apart from this, Reliance Jio has got much craze, and millions of users are already subscribed to this network.
The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has announced that all the network providers have to allow nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP). Through this, it would allow the users to switch another network without changing their number.
Reliance Jio Infocomm also admitted that it is facing issues with the MNP with other telecom networks. Here in this article, we have shared the detailed information about How to switch to Jio without losing your number via MNP.
Apart from existing customers, some are tired of standing in long queues for the Reliance Jio sim. Instead of that, you can just port to Jio network without losing your favourite number. But immediately a question arises that, How to switch to Jio without losing your number??? Most interesting part is, Reliance Jio has introduced New Year offer which extended the welcome offer up to 31st March 2017.
Follow the steps of How to switch to Jio without losing your number:
- To enjoy Reliance Jio Welcome offer; first, you need to send an SMS from your existing mobile number to current operator requesting for portability. Type ‘PORT’ space and then your ten-digit mobile number, send it to 1900. For example, PORT 70XXXXXX77.
- After your message has sent, you will get a message from 1901 to verify the port out a request that you submitted. Then after few hours, you will receive a Unique Port Code (UPC) which is required for porting your current number to Reliance Jio network and this UPC is valid for 15 days.
- Head to any nearby Reliance Digital store and get the Customer Application Form (CAF). You have to fill all the mandatory details in the form.
- Submit the fully filled application form along with documents like ID proof, residential proof, Aadhar/Pan card and also passport size photographs at the store.
- A new Reliance Jio sim card will be given to you. As per the telecom regulations, you will remain in your current network for the next five days. On the sixth day, you can remove your old sim card and insert new Reliance Jio sim into your 4G enabled smartphone.
After completing the process, you can enjoy free Reliance Jio Welcome offer till 31st March 2017. And remember if it shows ‘No Service’ it likely takes the time to start the services.