Krishna Janmashtami 2017: The Most Powerful incarnation of Lord Vishnu and the great exponent of Bhagavad Gita is Lord Krishna. The birth of the Krishna is celebrated as Janmashtami. Krishna is the eighth son of Vasudeva and Devaki. The birth of the Krishna is to kill the evil force on earth. Lord Krishna kills his maternal uncle because of his evilness over imprisoning his parents and the death of his six brothers.
Krishna is the symbol of love, the love tale of Krishna and Radha is famous still now. Krishna didn’t get married to Radha but still they love each other. On the Day of Krishna Janmashtami, people offer their prayers to Lord Krishna and do fasting on Krishnashtami.
In South India, young boys dress up as Krishna and visit their friends and neighbours. A different tradition like footprints of Krishna from the threshold of house till the pooja room is drawn on Krishna Janmashtami.
Unknown facts about Lord Krishna that you ought to know on this Krishna Janmashtami
- Krishna brought back the six sons of Devaki for a brief reunion
- The six sons of Devaki were actually the sons of Kansa in his earlier birth because of the curse by Hiranykashap that their father would kill the six sons. Hence Kamsa killed the all six sons of Devaki and Vasudeva in their next birth
- Krishna had 16,108 goipikas, of which eight were his wives (Rukmini, Satyabhama, Nagnajiti, Jambavati, Kalindi, Mitravinda, Bhandra and Lakshmana).
- Lord Krishna had 80 sons with his eight wives. Samba was the son of Jambavati, who was the reason for the apocalypse of Yadu clan. Krishna has done penance to Mahadev to obtain a son like him. By the way, Krishna also cursed Samba to be affected by leprosy.
- The story behind the Krishna’s end because of the arrow is, one day Durvasa was eating Kheer and asked Krishna to apply the kheer on his body. Lord Krishna applied the kheer on his body except his feet, because he thinks that Kheer to be consecrated. Durvasa got angry and cursed Krishna that his legs will not remain impenetrable and unbroken.
- Pradyumna is the incarnation of Kamadev, who was turned into ashes by Lord shiva in his earlier life. Pradyumna was the son of Lord Krishna. He killed the demon Sambarasura, who tried to kill him when he was 10 days old.
This Year, Janmashtami is celebrated on August 14, 2017, it is the 5244rd birth anniversary of Lord Krishna. On this day many special events are celebrated at Mathura, Vrindavan and other places around India. Dahi Handi is the main part of the Gokulashtami; this is celebrated on the next of Krishna Janmashtami.