The new breed of One plus 8 is expected to be launched in the first half of 2020 and we have information that could get the market eager to welcome them.
A key feature to look out for in these phones is likely to be the refresh rate. A high refresh rate of 120 Hz indicates very smooth scrolling process, which is two times better than the standard rate of 60Hz. As per earlier news, Samsung Galaxy S20 series is also expected to be launched with the same feature. The One Plus7T and 7Pro models had a refresh rate of 90Hz.
As per an image that has been leaked online, the new range of phones will allow the users to choose from 3 different refresh rates. The users can choose depending on the balance between the refresh rate and battery life. Higher refresh rate will consume more power and result in lower battery life and vice versa for the lower end. The mid option of 90Hz will offer balanced levels of smoothness and battery life.
Other Specs of One Plus 8 Pro are as below:
- The phone is set to be powered by Snapdragon 865 with two variants:
- 8GB Memory with 128 or 256 GB storage
- 12 GB Memory with 256 GB Storage
- The display is expected to be 6.7” super AMOLED display with a 1440X3140 resolution
- It will use the LPDDR5 version of memory chips
- Universal Flash Storage (UFS) 3.0 for apps and games to open quickly
- 64MP Primary camera combined with 20MP ultra-wide camera and 12MP telephoto camera at the back
- Time of Flight (ToF) depth sensor
- 32MP punch-hole selfie camera
- 4500mAh battery that can charge at 50W
How Is One Plus 8 Different?
- One Plus 8 will have a smaller display at 6.6” and 1080 x 2400
- Missing 5x hybrid zoom of the telephoto camera and ToF sensor
- Smaller battery at 4000mAh chargeable at 30W
Both the models of the new One Plus will be resistant to dust and water of 5 feet depth for up to 30 minutes.
One Plus 8 Lite
There is also a Lite version of this model that will be launched alongside.
- A display of 6.4” and 1080 x 2400 resolution
- Powered by MediaTek Dimensity 1000 5G chipset with 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM with 128 or 256GB storage
- 48MP Primary camera with 16MP ultra-wide camera and 12MP telephoto camera (with 5X zoom) at the back
- The option of three refresh rates is not available in this model and is fixed at the mid-level of 90Hz
- 4000mAh battery chargeable at 30W
- Protection from light rain
The cost of One Plus 8 Pro is expected to start at $715 as against $530 for One Plus 8 and $430 for the lite version