Chinese electronic company Xiaomi has joined an elite league of smartphone companies like Apple, Samsung and Huawei, which have their own-in-house chipset on their smartphones called Surge S1. Xiaomi partners with Pinecone to develop the new chipset. After Huawei, Xiaomi is the second Chinese brand to have own processor. Xiaomi Mi 5C is the first ever Xiaomi smartphone to comes with the new processor.
Xiaomi Mi 5C is the successor of Mi 4C which was introduced back in 2015. This phone sports 5.15-inch 1080p display with the resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It is powered by Xiaomi’s own 2.2GHz Octa-Core Surge S1 Processor.
Xiaomi Mi 5C specifications consist of 12MP rear camera with 1.25 μm pixel size and 8MP front-facing camera. Mi 5C packs Android 7.1 (Nougat) update will be available in March. Mi 5C features includes fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, 4G LTE support with VoLTE, dual nano SIM slots without a microSD slot, but it has 64 GB internal storage.
This smartphone has unibody metal design weighing just 135 grams, and it packs 2860mAh battery with support for 9V/2A fast charging. Xiaomi Mi 5C comes in Rose Gold, Gold and Black Colors and its price is 1499 yuan. The Mi 5C price in India is Rs 14560 approx. It will go on sale in China from March 3rd.
Xiaomi Mi 5C Specifications
- Display: 5.15 inch full HD curved glass display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 94.4% of the NTSC color gamut, 550 nits brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio.
- Processor: 2.2GHz Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core processor with quad-core Mali-T860 GPU
- Operating system: Android with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Other features: Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor, 4G VoLTE, Wifi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 2860mAh battery with fast charging support.