Oceans, forests, humans, animals and every living being are part of Earth. Our Earth is only complete with all those things. It’s our responsibility to save oceans. Whenever the rivers are having floods, oceans observe the flood water. Either directly or indirectly oceans plays a very important role in the human’s life. Oceans are the home for many living creatures; we have to do some activities to sustain the protection of oceans.
World Oceans day 2017 date is observed on June 8th. This occasion is celebrated annually with a unique theme every year. World Oceans Day 2017 Theme is “Our Oceans, Our Future”. This year theme is mainly focusing on encouraging the solutions to plastic pollution and preventing marine little for a healthier oceans and a better future. People on this day follow various World Oceans Day Activities. World Oceans Day is officially recognized by the United Nations in late 2008. Variety of World Oceans Day Activities takes place on this day like launching news campaigns and initiatives, special events at aquariums and zoos, aquatic and beach cleanups, film festivals and sustainable seafood events.
Youth are playing important role in the World Waters day since 2015, including the development in 2016 of a World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council. World Oceans Day 2017 will coincide with the United Nations Oceans Conference.
Many people quotes some best World Oceans Day Quotes on the occasion of oceans day, take a look at the World Oceans Day 2017 quotes in this page. Not everyone will take part in the world oceass day activities but atleast do your duty to not spoil the oceans. Several marine species are end up into death because of the plastic pollution.
- Sea turtles mistake plastic as food and consume the plastic which causes blockages in their digestive system. According to the study in 2013, 50% of sea turtles are dying because of plastic
- Seabirds: millions of bird species died because of plastic every year. Laysan albatross has been effected by plastic, when they drive into the oceans to catch fish, instead of fish they are picking up plastic.
- Seals and Sea Lions: Oceans are the home for seals and sea lions. These are entangled in oceans debris like fishing nets, lines and lures which leads to injury and death.
- Whales and Dolphins: Marine mammals are facing the serious problem with plastic. Whales are consuming plastic debris unknowingly when they picking the food. The large amount of plastic debris is found in whales.
World Oceans Day Quotes
If your friend or close person is still doing the same mistake of spoiling oceans send these World Oceans Day Quotes to him/her on this occasion of World Water Day 2017. You can also share these quotes to remind the people about the importance of the oceans and living creatures in the oceans. Oceans are the home for many marine species, when they are not doing any harm to us then why we are spoiling their homes and kill those innocent creatures.
- The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea. ….Isak Dinesen
- Being out there in the oceans, God’s creation, it’s like a gift He has given us to enjoy……Bethany Hamilton
- The oceans is a central image. It is the symbolism of a great journey …..Enya
- To me the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there?….Walt Whitman
- “No water, no life. No blue, no green.”….Sylvia Earle
- “We are tied to the oceans. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch, we are going back from whence we came.” ….John F. Kennedy
- “For each of us, then, the challenge and opportunity is to cherish all life as the gift it is, envision it whole, seek to know it truly, and undertake—with our minds, hearts and hands—to restore its abundance. It is said that where there’s life there’s hope, and so no place can inspire us with more hopefulness than that great, life-making sea—that singular, wondrous oceans covering the blue planet.”…..Carl Safina