Tobacco is dangerous to millions of people around the earth and it kills millions every year. World NO Tobacco Day is observed every year across the world on May 31. The main aim behind the world no tobacco day is to stop smoking. Everyone knows that smoking kills you and the people near you but why can’t you stop killing yourself and your people. Smoking kills your taste buds, so you can’t taste the special dishes your wife made for you because of smoking.
World no tobacco day 2017 theme is “Tobacco- a threat to development.” The government and the public should take measures to promote health and development by confronting the global tobacco crisis. In 1987, WHO( World Health Organization) passed Resolution WHA40.38, declared April 7, 1988 to be a “world no-smoking day”. In 1988, World Health Assembly passes Resolution WHA42.19, calling for the celebration of World No Tobacco Day, every year on May 31. Since then, world is celebrating world no tobacco day with different theme every year. This year the World No Tobacco Day 2017 theme is “Tobacco-a threat to Development”.
People observe several World no tobacco day activities on this day to protect the world from smoking. Take a look at the few World No Tobacco Day Quotes from the famous personalities.
- “Much smoking kills live men and cures dead swine.” George D. Prentice
- “Giving up tobacco is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” Mark Twain
- Smoking is the leading cause of statistics – Fletcher Knebel
- I make it a rule never to smoke while I’m sleeping – Mark Twain
- Smokers don’t grow old…they die young…
- The best way to quit is to never start.
On this day some people made a campaign to stop smoking. Here in this page we are trying our best to encourage viewers who smokes to quit smoking with these Anti Smoking ads.