What’s all the egg-citement is about? Today is World Egg Day!!! Arguably one of the oldest best foods known to man, eggs has played a significant role in our lives and health since the mind out of time. Eggs are fully packed with proteins and also serve as the base ingredient for the most culinary additions which includes most perfect condiments with sandwich and mayonnaise.
World Egg Day celebrates this delightful little packages deliciousness and the important role that play in our day-to-day lives. While typically, when we consider about the egg we think of those white shelled oval-shaped structure emission from the chicken. This day is mainly celebrated to raise awareness of benefits of the egg.
World Egg Day origin and celebrations
Containing a little treasury with the golden yolk which is packed with wide range of proteins and the chicken egg became the definitive image when the word egg is spoken. World Egg Day has a brief history, and it was established at the IEC Vienna in the year 1996 conference when it was decided to celebrate on second Friday in October every year.
Chicken eggs are widely used in many dishes that include both in sweet and savoury recipes which are the essential ingredient in bakery items. Some of the most common preparations include scrambled, fried, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, many varieties of omelettes and pickled. Some people eat as raw, but this is not recommendable.
Eggs add various proteins to the person’s diet as well also add more nutrients. The golden yolk acts as an emulsifier which is rich in proteins and also used in the kitchen as a thickener in custards. The egg white or albumen contains less fat and little in proteins and can be utilised separately in cooking from the yolk.
Benefits of Egg
- Eggs are the most nutritious food on the planet. Egg contains whole nutrients which turn a single cell into a baby chicken.
- Eggs contain a particular nutrient called Choline which is an essential nutrient where most of them didn’t enough.
- They are high in Cholesterol, but that do not affect the Blood cholesterol.
- Eggs do not raise your risk of heart stroke indeed it reduces the risk of stroke.
- Eggs are highly fulfilling which tend to make eat lower calories and also helpful in weight loss.
- Eggs turn LDL Cholesterol from small, dense to large which links in reduce the heart diseases.