World Cat Day 2017
The World Cat Day 2017 is going to celebrate on August 8. This day is proclaimed by the International Fund of Animal Welfare and coordinated by the animal welfare organizations all over the world. Here is the Best International Cat Day Quotes and interesting facts about cats. Animal lovers are encouraged to enjoy with Happy World Cat Day GIFs 2017.
The first time in 2002 IFAW (The International Fund for Animal Welfare) celebratesd the most popular pet on the planet. Those who eager to collect World Cat Day Pictures can visit this page. August 8, 2017 is the perfect day to know interesting facts about cats.
Important Facts about Cats
- Cats sleep for 50% of their lives, usually spending between 13 and 16 hours of the day asleep.
- Cats are unable to taste sweet things.
- Cats are good for your mental health. A study of charity cats protection, said that of more than 600 cat and non-cat-owners found that 87% of feline lovers saw looking after a cat as having a positive impact on well-being.
- Cats use their whiskers as a sensor to find out how vast space is and whether they can fit through it.
- The heart beats of Cat is two to three times faster than a human’s.
- Cats only sweat through their paws.
- Cats enjoy playing and improving their motor skills, encouraging social behaviour and providing brain training.
- A group of cats are known as clowder.
- A cat can jump up to six times its length.
- Cat’s frequency is higher regarding the sound than dogs or humans.
- Cats have tightly controlled muscles and fast reflexes that allow them to move quickly they skilled at stalking, running, jumping and climbing.
- There are above 500 million domestic cats in the world are available.
- A cat’s tongue has rows of hooked scales that act as a comb to groom its fur.
- Adult cats ‘miaow’ to communicate with humans rather than each other.
- The Night Vision of Cats is good, and they can see at one-sixth where the light level required for human vision.
Cats are empathetic pets that can sense emotions and they can show love in unique way. In many countries there are different days to celebrate this day. Few countries celebrate World Cat Day on 17th Feb as well as on August 8. Check the interesting International Cat Day Quotes & Images and enjoy this day to make your cat happy.
International Cat Day Quotes
“A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more than can be said for human beings.”
“Cats know how to obtain food without labour, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.”
“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.”
“Time spent with cats is never wasted”
“No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens”
“It is difficult to obtain the friendship of a cat. It is a philosophical animal…one that does not place its affections thoughtlessly.”
“My relationship with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance.”
“Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.”
“I live alone, with cats, books, pictures, fresh vegetables to cook, the garden, the hens to feed.”
“I’m a cat whisperer. When I go to people’s houses, their cats always like me better than the owners.”