Books are our best friends, although we gradually adapt to digital data carriers. Some people like to read biographies of famous personalities across the globe, some read history, and some are interested in novels, some read horror stories, etc. But regardless of what kind of books you are interested in and the truth is that the world would not be same without books. The World Book Day was created by the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) on 23rd April 1995. Get the best World Book Day Quotes from here and share on social media websites.
It is also known as International Day of the Book and Copyright Day. People involve in various Book Day Activities conducted by the different organisations. However, a book doesn’t look the way today is available with glossy covers and creamy papers. In the 3rd century, Chinese was the first to make the books that resemble today’s book. In the mid-15th century, Johannes Gutenberg printing press brought the books into the industrial age.
World Book Day was formed on 23rd April by UNESCO and it also the anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, a prominent Spanish Chronicler. International Day of the Book Celebrations followed by many activities throughout the world. The best way to celebrate World Book Day is to find time for reading. If you have a book, you just can’t finish it due to any other works? It is the perfect day to finish it off. It’s time to curl up on the couch or a blanket with nice brewed coffee aside and enjoy every page of the book.
It is the perfect occasion to teach the children about the joys of reading. In today’s world, we are all flooded with images and videos. Imagination is the kids best friend nowadays. One of the best World Book Day Ideas for children is that pick a topic your children is interested in and spend the time with them by exploring the magical world of book reading. Plan a get together with friends for a book reading to celebrate this day.
- A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. – Edward P. Morgan
- A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking. – Jerry Seinfield
- A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading. – William Styron
- Be careful about reading health books. Some fine day you’ll die of a misprint. – Markus Herz
- Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home. – Anna Quindlen
- Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers. – Charles William Eliot
- Books were my pass to personal freedom. – Oprah Winfrey
- Having your book turned into a movie is like seeing your oxen turned into bouillon cubes. – John LeCarre
- I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book. – Groucho Marx