World Asthma DAY 2017
Every year World Asthma Day is celebrated to create awareness, support and care for the affected people. GINA which stands for Global Initiative for Asthma is a medical guidelines organization which conducts World Asthma Day. GINA organizes this day every year on first Tuesday of May Month. World Asthma Day Celebrations were first started in the year 1988 by Global Initiative for Asthma. GINA celebrated this day in more than 35 countries after its first “World Asthma Meeting” in the Barcelona, Spain. Here we are providing World Asthma Day Activities along with the World Asthma Day Images for you to get awareness on Asthma.
The reason for celebrating Asthma day is to help people and make them aware of this disease, symptoms and ways to prevent Asthma.
Asthma is a chronic disease of Lungs which causes breathing problems. Symptoms of asthma include coughing, wheezing, breathlessness, and a feeling of tightness in the chest. To help Asthma Affected People, GINA organizes a variety of Activities every year. “It’s Time To Control Asthma” is the World Asthma Day 2017 Theme used by various health care groups and Asthma Educators to motivate Public. NAEPP which stands for National Asthma Education and Prevention Program encourages people to take care of their Asthma.
Asthma can be controlled with proper medication. If it is neglected, it can even lead to a frequent attack. The sales of anti-asthma medicines in India went up 43% over the past four years, shows market data, with 2016 marking a 15% growth in anti-asthma prescriptions across children and adults. According to Canadians people who already have Asthma can reduce their symptoms by doing Yoga. Try to recognize when Asthma Symptoms are becoming worse.
World Asthma Day 2017 Activities to Raise Awareness
Health Care organizers and charities will organize various Awareness Activities on World Asthma Day. Some of the Activities include
- Teachers take classes on the subjects of asthma prevention and precaution methods.
- At local Hospitals, they will provide free asthma screening clinics.
- Through TV they will spread the messages like “Fighting Asthma with Every Breath.”
- To create public awareness banners related to Asthma are placed in crowded areas.
- Advertising about Asthma through TV, Radio and Internet
- By Organizing Debates, Quiz Competitions on the subject Asthma in Schools, Colleges and Pharmacies throughout the country.