About Ram Nath Kovind (Reasons why NDA selected him as a Presidential Candidate 2017) : Bharatiya Janata Party Chief Amith Shah has announced Ram Nath Kovind as the NDA’s Presidential Candidate. Ram Nath Kovind, a senior politician and two-time (Rajya Sabha )MP from Uttar Pradesh. Now Everyone is searching and Googling Who is Ram Nath Kovind ? .We bring you some of the Interesting & Unknown Facts about the NDA Presidential Candidate Shri Ram Nath Kovind
Unknown Facts about Ram Nath Kovind, NDA Presidential Candidate
- Shri Ram Nath Kovind was born on October 1, 1945, at Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh.
- Kovind was married to Smt. Savita Kovind on 30th May, 1974.
- He has a son Shri Prashant Kumar who is married and a daughter Miss Swati
- Shri Kovind holds B.Com, L.L.B. from Kanpur University (Uttar Pradesh).
- Ram Nath Kovind had cleared the Civil services exam and got allied service which he didn’t take it up
- He served as a lawyer in Delhi High Court and Supreme Court of India for about 16 years
- Shri Ram Nath Kovind was also enrolled as an Advocate in 1971 with the Bar Council of Delhi
He is the Former chief of the BJP’s SC/ST Morcha (1998 to 2002)
- Shri Kovind was the honorary member of the Parliamentary Committees namely Welfare of Scheduled Castes/Tribes, Petroleum and Natural Gas, Social Justice and Empowerment & Law and Justice.
- He’s said to be one of the close aid of current central Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Ram Nath Kovind also served as the Chairman of Rajya Sabha House Committee.
- Shri Ram Nath Kovind represented India in United Nations (New York) and addressed UN General Assembly in October 2002
- He Even Opposed and agitated upon his own NDA Govt for issuing orders that affected the interests of employees of the Scheduled Castes/Tribes.
- He was known to be a man of Clean Image
- Shri Kovind had been a crusader for the Rights and Cause of Weaker Sections of the Society especially the SCs & STs
- He is presently serving as the honorable Governor of Bihar State