Volkswagen is finally launching the much anticipated Tiguan SUV in Aurangabad. The specialty of the vehicle is it is Made in India. Volkswagen released this variant competing with Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, and Chevrolet Trailblazer. The pre-bookings of the four wheelers have already started by the dealers all over the country for an initial token amount of Rs. 1 lakh. Here are some interesting things about Volkswagen Tiguan.
- The price of the Volkswagen Tiguan is Rs. 24 lakh for base price and the top end variant costs approximately Rs. 30 lakhs.
- The vehicle is powered by a 2-litre TSI turbocharged four-cylinder petrol mill which produces 177 bhp at 320 Nm of Torque whereas the diesel variant produces 148 bhp to 340 Nm torque.
- Tiguan has an extremely elegant timeless design which allows wider stance. The exterior is sharper and stronger with LED lighting and enhanced the utility from a 26-degree angle for off-roading to lower lift-in height.
- The vehicles come with a Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) architecture with a wheelbase of 2791 mm and 4704mm length.
- The Tiguan has bright filament bulbs and Bi-Xenon headlights, LED DRLs and AFS( Adaptive Front-Lighting System). The vehicle also has panoramic sunroof, keyless access which has a push in start button and leather seating. The front seats have a 40/20/40 split folding and sliding rear seats with 19” alloy wheels and split 5-spoke design.