The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has launched sports talent search web portal to encourage the best talent. The Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the web portal, www.nationalsportstalenthunt.com today at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium.
Opening the portal, M. Venkaiah Naidu said,” This kind of drive will not only help in identifying the best talent but will also provide a level playing field to all the participants and create a competitive environment.”
The National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS) has been set up for talent identification in the age group of 8-12 years and development of identified talent. National sports talent search portal is a game changer initiated by Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to select the best.
Under the initiative, children or his/her parents, coaches or teachers can upload his bio data or video on the portal. The Sports Ministry will select the talented players and train them at SIA centres.
According to the information, 1000 kids will be selected under NSTSSS every year by the Sports Ministry. A scholarship of Rs 5 Lakhs per year for 8 years will be given to them. Any sportsperson can check their eligibility by entering the details in the form available on the portal www.nationalsportstalenthunt.com
The candidates will have to register on National Sports Talent Search Portal for participation. The portal will also be available as an App and can be downloaded using smartphones.
National Sports Talent Search Scheme: Online Registration/ Login
- Visit the official web portal www.nationalsportstalenthunt.com
- Go to Register on the top of the page and fill the given details
- You will get a username and password on your registered mobile number.
- Registration completes.
Create Profile/ login
- Now click Login
- Enter username and password
- Now candidates should create a profile by uploading sports certificates and medals
- Enter all the information to complete profile.
Apply for SAI Scheme.
- After creating profile, participants can apply for NSTSS