Indian railways have brought a new feature for the convenience and safety of passenger’s money. The new rule now allows the Indian railway passengers to transfer their ticket (reservation) to another person. The railway authorities had issued some set of guidelines for the rail ticket transfer.
So from now, those who reserved a ticket and can’t travel can transfer their tickets to their loved ones, blood relatives like grandparents, father, mother sister or brother.
The transfer of ticket shall be done by changing the name of the person holding the ticket. Chief Reservation Supervisor of major stations is permitted to change the name of the person having a seat or berth.
This facility is only for the following under some conditions
- Government servants
- Marriage parties
- Ncc students
- Family members
Rules for transfer of a booked railway ticket
- The name change or transfer request can be done only once
- The transfer application should be sent at least 24 hrs before the scheduled departure of the respective train.
- Government Employee can transfer their booked railway ticket to another Govt Servant going on duty, at least 24 hours in advance.
- In the case of a marriage party, rail tickets can be transferred to other members of the crew. This can be possible only when the head of the marriage party makes a request for the Ticket Transfer at least 48 hrs in before the departure of the train.
Here the important note is the request does not exceed 10 percent of the total number of group members.
How to Transfer Booked Train Ticket
- The person who wants to transfer their reserved ticket must approach the station manager/chief reservation supervisor and submit the application of a request for Ticket Transfer.
- The applicant must submit the xerox copies of the proof of his/her relationship with whom the ticket would be transferred
- Proofs like ration card, voter I-Card, bank pass book, etc. are accepted.
- The chief reservation supervisor or the station manager would then give the permission and make changes to the Rail Ticket according to the application.
- Passengers have to make a note that manual changes will be made to the existing ticket and No new ticket shall be issued by Indian Railways.
In General the railway ticket issuing clerks have not right to change the names in the already booked tickets. Therefore special powers are given to specific authorities. The manual changes made in the ticket will be reflected in the reservation chart prepared during the departure of the train.
For more News & Updates Follow Techfactslive.com on Facebook & Twitter