As per the orders of the honorable supreme court, The government of India has made it mandatory for all the Sim cards to be linked with Aadhaar card number.February 2018 is set as the deadline for linking Sim Card/mobile number with Aadhaar, and after the fixed date, the mobile numbers which are not paired shall be deactivated. Aadhaar is a crucial document which mandatory for availing benefits of government schemes and also the financial transactions.
This process of linking up Aadhaar card with sim card enables the government to verify the identity of users. Thereby helps the govt agencies to prevent any anti-social activities done by criminals, fraudsters, and terrorists using the SIMs.
If you are looking to link your mobile number to Aadhaar for the first time, you will have to do it offline. This needs to be done offline. Most online transactions are OTP (one-time-password) authenticated, i.e., the OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. Obviously, online authentication is not possible as you are linking your number for the first time.
Follow these steps to Link Mobile Number with Aadhaar
- Go to nearby Aadhaar center
- Take an Aadhar Update/Correction Form, fill with necessary details, including phone number.
- After entering details, submit the form to the concerned authorities
- You have to submit a xerox copy of your Aadhaar card along with valid Identity proof like PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card
- After the submission of necessary documents, one must verify their bio-metrics at the enrollment center
- At the end of this process, an acknowledgment form will be given to you.
- The maximum time for updating mobile number or address with Aadhaar will be ten days, but it usually completes in 2-5 days.
How to update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Online
Mobile number can be updated in Aadhar Card online, but one has to make sure that the existing mobile number should be linked to your Aadhaar card. If it is not linked, then it’s not possible to update.
To change or update your Mobile Number in Aadhar card
- Go to UIDAI official website uidai.gov.in
- Clik on the option under the Aadhaar Update tab that will redirect the user to the Aadhar Self-Service portal
- Enter your Aadhar number, Captcha, and request for OTP.
- Enter the One Time Password, which you received on your existing mobile number,
- you’ll be taken to a new page, where you can update mobile number or any other details
Under the fields, select which field you want to update’, In this regard select ‘Mobile Number’
- Enter the mobile number that you want to update and click submit