Indian railways now allow Aadhaar verified users to book up to 12 tickets per month. Early it was used to be six tickets cap for users without mentioning the Aaadhar details. This move by the railways is to promote the linking of Aadhaar card with the IRCTC Account.
However, users can book a maximum of 6 tickets in a month without linking their Aadhar card details. If the number of tickets booked crosses the cap of 6, then one of the passengers should update their Aadhaar details. To avail booking of more than six tickets, up to 12 users must link their Aadhaar card with the IRCTC account.
How to link Aadhaar card details with IRCTC account
- Log on to irctc portal
- Click on my profile
- Select Aadhaar KYC option
- Enter Aadhaar card credentials
- You will receive an OTP on mobile number linked with Aadhaar
- On successful submission, your Aadhaar will be verified.
Important points to be noted
- At least One passenger among the booked list beyond the should also be Aadhaar verified.
- Users should verify the probable passengers through their respective Aadhaar number and store the verified ones in the passenger master list.
- This should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond six tickets in a month.
The Indian Railways latest move is expected to curb the frauds in ticket bookings. This would inevitably restrict Travel agents from creating fake user IDs. In December 2016, Railways made Aadhaar linking with IRCTC account mandatory from April 1, 2017. The announcement was withdrawn due to opposition from public. Recently Railways has released the Indian Railway New Time Table after cutting down the speeds of some trains.
For more News and Updates Follow techfactslive on Facebook & Twitter