Recalling the past, the women who stood brave and vigorous who changed the norms of ‘Women are for households and men for the country.’ It is none other than the current honourable Chief Minister of Tamilnadu Jayalalithaa Jayaraman who is actress turned politician fondly known as ‘Amma’ and Puratchi Thalaivi.
Jayalalithaa Jayaraman was born to a Brahmin family on 24th February 1948 in Mandal district. Due to her family poor financial condition, her mother (Sandhya) encouraged to work in films while she was still in school. Jayalalithaa was given a scholarship by the government to pursue her education. We have furnished the unknown facts about Jayalalithaa in this article.
In fact, all she did could be summarized by the single statement, i.e., she did she won and conquered. She acquainted herself to gain the supremacy as the heir of great actor and politician. M.G Ramachandran is still considered as the landmark of her career. She has acted in 140 films which include Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada and was the uncrowned queen of Tamil cinema industry.
Here are the unknown facts about Jayalalithaa which are as follows:
- At the age of 15, Jayalalithaa made her debut in the Kannada film Chinnada Gombe which was released in 1964, and it was a big hit.
- Jayalalithaa’s father died when she was only two years old. Her mother moved to Bangalore where she began working as an actress in Tamil cinema.
- She has won the Gold State Award for coming first in the 10th standard in the state of Tamilnadu.
- In 1982, she joined the AIADMK (All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) party, which was founded by M.G Ramachandran.
- Impressed with her English fluency, MGR sent Jayalalithaa to Rajya Sabha which was the beginning of her rewarding political career. And the party members addressed her with ‘Amma.’
- As the Chief Minister, she had announced that she drew the salary of only Re 1.
- In 2014, she became the first Chief Minister of India to the state Tamilnadu to be disqualified from holding office because of the disproportionate assets case.
- The more interesting is that in the year 1997 she has vowed not to wear jewellery after the DMK government seized all her jewellery.
- For the fourteen years, she doesn’t wear jewellery, and she wore once again in the year 2011 after getting back the power which she was forced to wear by her party members in respect of their sentiments.
- She has entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for hosting the largest wedding banquet for over 1,50,000 guests invited to the marriage of her foster son Sudhakaran.
- In 1972, she was awarded Kalaimamani by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Things that are recovered at her house after the raid was 750 pairs of footwear, 10,000 sarees, 800kgs of silver, 28kgs of Gold, 44 air conditioners, and 91 watches.
A lot of buzzes were come around about her health condition. Not only in the state of Tamilnadu, but both the Telugu states that have been broadcasting the exclusive live coverage and the doctors has finalized Amma Jayalalithaa’s death on 5 th December 2016.