International Tiger Day 2017
A Day to promote the protection of tigers and presents an opportunity to raise the awareness of the special day called International Tiger Day 2017 on 29th July. The tiger is the largest and the world’s big cats. Here we are providing interesting International Tiger Day Quotes. The main aim is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to support for tiger conversation issues.
The International Tiger Day is annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation. It was first celebrated in the year 2010 and was founded at an international summit that has been called in response to the shocking news that 97% of all wild tigers are disappeared in the last century, and around 3000 left alive. World Tiger Day 2017 Theme aims to bring attention to this fact and try to halt their decline.
World Tiger Day 2017 Theme
International Tiger Day 2017 is to protect and raise the awareness of the need for conservation. Many International organisations are involved in the day, like WWF ((World Wide Fund for Nature), the IFAW (International Fund for Animal Welfare) and the Smithsonian Institute. This promotional event is to be held on 29th July 2017. Collect Best & Latest International Tiger Day Pictures from this web page.
The World Tiger Day was formed at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit in the year 2010 in Russia to protect tigers from becoming extinct. The summit also declared to double global Tiger population by 2022. One of the largest tiger populations is found in the Sundarbans a mangrove forest area shared by India and Bangladesh on the northern coast of the Indian Ocean.
International Tiger Day Images
An Annual worldwide celebration of tigers is on July 29. Here are few International Tiger Day Quotes & Photo. Today, there are only an estimated 3000 tigers remaining worldwide. To create awareness everyone can collect latest International Tiger Day Pictures. The Wildlife Alliance is also monitoring the photos of any evidence of existing tigers in the area.
International Tiger Day 2017 Slogans
“Look at the tigers mighty and strong, killing them for their skin is very wrong”.
“Tiger Tiger burning bright, will not let you fade out of sight, that is my promise and for you we will fight”.
“When they are gone, when every last life is stolen, how will you remember them? Extinction is FOREVER”.
Important Facts of Tiger
- All tigers have more than 100 stripes on their body but not two tigers have the same pattern of stripes.
- Tigers have been divide into 8 subspecies – Indian (or Bengal), Indo-Chinese, Sumatran, Amur (or Siberian), South China, Caspian (extinct), Java (extinct), and Bali (extinct).
- Tigers keep their claws sharp by keeping it inside the retractable sheath and taking it out only when required for hunting.
- Tigers, Lions, Leopards and Jaguars are the only four types of cats that can roar but cannot purr.
- The vision of the tiger is six times better than a human at night. They also hunt by hearing and sight and not by smell.
- All tiger subspecies put together currently amount to fewer than 3,000 endangered tigers remaining in the wild.
- A tiger in one sitting may eat 22 to 32 kilograms of meat but it may also go hungry for weeks.
- White Tigers are not albinos. They just do not have the orange colored genes.
- A tiger can leap as high as 10 feet in a single jump.
- The smallest of all tiger species is the Sumatran tiger and the largest the Siberian tiger.
Quotes of International Tiger Day
“Save the tigers before they are silenced forever, for the tiger, we must unite, so they don’t fade out of sight, don’t strip the stripes from the scenery. Save the Tiger”
“Wooing the press is an exercise roughly akin to picnicking with a tiger. You might enjoy the meal, but the tiger always eats last”
“Tigers are one of the most beautiful animals on planet earth. They have been evoked in literature, proverbs and plays for their majestic strength and beauty”
“When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity”
“Everyone needs a dog to adore him, and a tiger to bring him back to reality”
“Do not blame God for having created the tiger, but thank him for not having given it wings”
“A man’s good name is as precious to him as its skin is to a tiger”
“Tiger father begets tiger son”