International day of Peace 2017: International Peace Day is observed on 21st September every year.it is also known as World Peace Day. On the occasion of peace day people across the globe take part in various activities and organize events to center on a theme called ‘Peace.’
International Day of Peace 2017 Theme
Every year a new theme is designed and based on the peace day theme various events are organized. International Peace Day 2017 Theme is “Together for peace: Respect, safety, and Dignity for all.” The 2017 Peace Day Theme will honor spirit together that promotes respect, dignity, and security for everyone who forced to flee their house in search of better living.
International Peace Day Importance
The word ‘Together’ unites the organizations of United Nations system which is the 193 Member state of United Nations in civil society, the private sector, academic institutions and individual citizens in global partnership in support of diversity.
“In times of insecurity, communities that look different become convenient scapegoats,” said United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres. “We must resist cynical efforts to divide communities and portray neighbors’ as ‘the other.’ Discrimination diminishes us all. It prevents people — and societies — from achieving their full potential.” He added, “Together, let us stand up against bigotry and for human rights. Together, let us build bridges. Together, let us transform fear into hope.”
World Peace Day 2017 Activities
World Peace Day or International Day of Peace Activities include peace prayers, tree planting for peace, a peace convoy of vehicles, lighting candles, a toast for peace, picnics for peace, peace walks, peace prayers, interfaith peace ceremonies, a toast for peace, etc.
Symbol of peace denotes flying dove with an olive branch in its beak is one of the most known featured symbols for the day. In Judaism, Islam, and Christianity a white dove represents a sign of peace. The dove can also symbolize “hope for peace” or a peace from one person to another, hence the phrase “to extend an olive branch.”
Every year international peace Day is celebrated around the world. On that day many greet each other, by sending images, quotes, messages and through many other sources. Are you willing to be one of them then why are waiting? Just download the wishes and greetings which we are providing you below.
International day of peace 2017 Quotes
• “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy
• “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” – Nelson Mandela
• “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
• Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
• “If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another.” – Winston Churchill
• “There is a higher court than courts of justice, and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts.” – Mahatma Gandhi
• “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Buddha
• “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
• “We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.” – William Ewart Gladstone
• “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one” – John Lennon
• “I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace” – Muhammad Ali
World Peace Day 2017 Slogans, Messages
• To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s life, to bring peace to all, one must first follow discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. – Buddha
• Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence. – Henry David Thoreau
• Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. – Albert Einstein
• An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. – Mahatma Gandhi
• I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
• Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. – Buddha
• First keep peace with yourself, then you can also bring peace to others. – Thomas a Kempis
• Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. – Saint Francis de Sales
• Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people. – Jawaharlal Nehru