Facebook has added more fun to the messenger app. The company has unveiled the new ‘Instant Games’ feature on Tuesday which allows the users to play the games directly from its Messenger application or in the news feed.
The world’s biggest social network has tied up with some of the best publishers to get games on the platform, and these games can be played on both Android and iOS devices. “This new games experience allows people to quickly discover, share, and play games without having to install new apps,” said by the Facebook product manager Alissa Ju in a blog post.
Facebook hopes that through this some friendly competitions will get the users to spend more time on Messenger. Currently, this gaming experience is rolled out in 30 countries, and it is available on newer iOS and Android operating systems.
The company has made very simple to start playing, such as
- Update to the latest version of the Messenger app.
- Start a conversation with your friend or friends.
- Tap on the game controller icon which is provided just below where you type the message.
- Choose the game to start playing with your Facebook mates right away.
- After you finish the round, people in your conversation can see your score, and they can also challenge you back.
Users can discover more games within Messenger search field or on the Facebook News Feed where they can play solo or challenge. Some of the games that are listed in the Messenger are as follows:
- Space Invaders
- Track and Field 100M
- Shuffle Cats Mini
- Words with Friends: Frenzy
- Endless Lake
- Templar 2008
- The Tribez: Puzzle Rush
- 2020 Connect
- Puzzle Bobble
- Brick Pop
- WordAlot Express
Around 1 billion people use Messenger app every month to connect, chat and share their moments. They do send stickers when words aren’t enough, instant video chat to share smiles or a quick voice call. But now it will be more enjoyable you can connect and compete over your mates through Instant Games feature. Game on!!!