Until now many of us thought that E-Cigarettes are a healthy substitute of Nicotine Cigars. This news would be an eye opener for all. A recent study has revealed that commonly sold e-cigarette liquids contain a substance which could be capable of causing asthma and allergy symptoms.
For the study, the team analyzed each sample to find out exactly which chemicals were present and in what quantities. They found that for every liquid they tested, it contained about one substance each that had a potential level of health risk factor, according to the United Nations classification system.
The liquids contain substances like methyl cyclopentanone (found in 26.3 per cent of samples) and a-ionone (found in 8.7 per cent of samples), both of which “may cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled,” as per their classification. Amongst other substances, such as menthol (42.9 per cent of samples), ethyl vanillin (16.5 per cent of samples) and acetyl pyrazine (8.2 per cent of samples), were classified as “able to cause respiratory irritation.”
University of Crete researcher Constantine Vardavas who presented the research said, “Our study reveals that e-cigar liquids on sale have ingredients that are potential respiratory irritants.””This means that they are substances which irritate the airways according to previous research and international classification standards,” he added.
After close observation, the content of e-cigarette refills, a random sample of e-cigarette liquids was picked from famous brands on sale in nine European nations, including a variety of flavors and nicotine concentrations.
Another research by Linnea Hedman from Umea University in Sweden also revealed that those who were in the habit of smoking e-cigarette might have difficulty in respiratory health, exhibiting signs such as a persistent cough, wheezing as much as those who smoke a conventional nicotine cigar.
The research team had recorded more than 30,000 people, about their smoking habits, use of e-cigarettes and respiratory symptoms. Both the studies were done at the European Respiratory Society International Congress in Milan.
Here are some natural ways to which can help one get rid of smoking –
1. Licorice Stick or Mulethi: One of the most authentic and traditional home remedies is to chew on licorice stick whenever you are hit by the urge to smoke. It not only curbs the urge but also does wonders for your digestive system. It makes for a great replacement for a cloud of smoke.
2. Adding Ginseng powder to your breakfast helps to prevent the release of dopamine. It also supports the body to deal with physical and emotional stress while giving away the habit of smoking
3. Honey with its beneficial vitamins, enzymes, and proteins, helps in curbing the urge to smoke. Honey contains in giving up the habit with ease
4. Dried Ginger and Lemon: Ginger has sulphur compounds that help in reducing the addiction to tobacco. All you need to do is to soak small pieces of ginger with lemon juice and mix it with black pepper and store in a container. Just suck a piece of ginger whenever you have the urge to smoke.
5. Drinking plenty of water and intake of good amount of fluids during the days of leaving, as it will help in flushing out nicotine faster.