Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced the Digital Unlocked and My Business Websites initiative in India. These were introduced in collaboration with the IT Ministry of India and FICCI in New Delhi on Wednesday. The Indian government pushing the economy everything to digital. As a part of the process Indian Government collaborated with Google.
What is Digital Unlocked ?
Digital Unlocked is a training program and a great initiative by Google for creating awareness about Digitization among SMBs .With this website, Google is expecting that every single small business in India that wants to go digital can have access to training. In keeping the various needs, Google built this Digital Unlocked program across offline, online and mobile.
The main aim of launching new initiatives is to empower thousands of SMBs (Small Medium sized Businesses) with essential digital skills.
Features of Digital Unlocked
- The online training comprises of 90 self-placed video tutorials.
- The offline training conducted in partnership with FICCI. Over next three years, 5000 workshops held across 40 Indian cities.
- Alongside Digital Unlocked, the company also previewed My Business Websites by creating a free mobile optimised website.
- My Business Websites made available in English, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, Tamil, Gujarati, Malayalam and Kannada.
How to Signup for the courses on Digital Unlocked
- Open the Digital Unlocked website
- Sign up by using Google account or Gmail
- You will be asked to set your Preferences
- Start taking courses and practice them
- You can track the class progress using the Dashboard
“When we solve for a place like India, we solve for everyone around the world. That has led us to grow our team here and spend more time and ensure the products are useful for everyone,” Sundar Pichai said at a Google event.
Google also launched a premier free mobile app which is designed to teach digital marketing skills in an accessible and interactive way. The mobile app is available to download on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Currently, it is available in English and Hindi.