Cauvery Maha Pushkar 2017 is a festival of River Cauvery celebrated by all Hindus religion. Pushkaram is a holy festival that is celebrated once in every 12 years at each of 12 major rivers; the Cauvery is one among them. The Cauvery Maha Pushkar or kaveri pushkaram Festival will be held from September 12 to September 23rd on the banks of Cauvery River in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Kaveri Pushkaram Muhurtham
In Cauvery Pushkaralu 2017, millions of devotees take a dip in river Cauvery during the first 12 days of the festival for they would be relieved from all the sins. Large numbers of pilgrims arrive from all over India to have a holy dip at the Kaveri Pushkaram. Cauvery Pushkara parambha Muhurtham 2017 will begin at 6:51 AM, 12 September 2017. This date is recognised as Krishna Paksha Saptami in Bhadrapada Masam.
The Cauvery is a large river in India. It rises on Brahmagiri Hill of the Western Ghats in southwestern Karnataka state, flows in a south-eastern direction for 475 miles passing through states Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The 12 major rivers have each Zodiac sign associated them and the river for each year’s festival is decided based on which sign Jupiter is in at the time. Cauvery Pushkaram begins as Jupiter enters in to Tula Rashi (Libra).
Telangana State Road Transport Cooperation (TSRTC) will set up special buses for devotees who want go to Cauvery Pushkaram 2017. Special Hire Charges will be Rs. 42 per KM for Super Luxury; Rs. 41 per KM for Deluxe and Rs. 45 per KM for Express. The government have reportedly focused on the arrangements of the districts in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu which are likely to witness the festive look.
Cauvery Pushkaralu 2017 Places in Karnataka:
- Talakaveri, Kodugu
- Bhagamandala, Kodugu
- Kushalnagar, Kodugu
- Srirangapatna, Mandya District
- Mandya, Mandya District
- Shivanasamudra, Mandya District
- Kanakapur, Karnataka
- Muthathi, Karnataka
Cauvery Pushkaralu Ghats in Tamil Nadu:
- Mayiladuthurai (Nagapattinam district)
- Thiruvenkadu (near Sirkazhi)
- Thiruvaiyaru (Thanjavur District)
- Thiruvidaimarudur (Thanjavur district)
- Srirangam (Tiruchirappalli)
- Thiruvarur (Tiruvarur district)
- Kodumudi (erode district)
- Karur (Karur District)
- Swamimalai (near Kumbakonam in Thanjavur District)
- Thiruvisanallur (Thanjavur district)
- Kumbakonam (Thanjavur district)
- Poompuhar (Puhar is a town in the Nagapattinam district)
- Mettur (Salem district)
- Velur (Namakkal District)
- Pallipalayam (Namakkal district)
- Bhavani (Erode district)